Google

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Tip For Getting Referrals - Be Yourself And Tell Your Story

We're all in different programs to make money online. Regardless of what program it is, getting referrals shouldn't be about "selling" your program. Rather it should be about truly wanting to help others attain what they want, and what people want is financial independence, whether they say it or not, that is truly what they are after.

So, how do you get more referrals, and not just and inactive quantity of referrals, but quality referrals? Simply tell your story. There is no right or wrong way to do it. Be yourself, and share your story. When people get to know you, they will get to like you. When you are genuine, they will get to know you and trust you. We aren't selling anything, we are messengers with an answer to people's financial worries.

I know I've gotten to know many of you already, some of you know more about me than others, etc. But for those of you wondering what my story is, here it is:

My name is Oliver. I am 29 years old and reside in Michigan. I've lived in Michigan my entire life. I graduated from University of Detroit High School in 1997 where the school motto was "Men for Others." Through my upbringing through my parents and through my experiences at U of D, I was brought up to always put others first before myself (outside of obviously taking care of myself emotionally, health wise, etc.). I have always been the type of person to extend a helping hand no matter who or when or what it was, as long as I was able to do so.

I graduated from Michigan State University in May of 2001 with a degree in Social Theory with a minor in Sociology. To no surprise, I have never once used my degree. My first 3 years out of college, I was what you could call a job hopper. I had jobs ranging from time share sales, to financial planning, to mortgage sales, etc. You name it, I probably did it:) In 2003 I was employed by a credit card processing company. Within my first year, I was promoted from an account executive to a corporate sales manager, where I stayed for another 2 years.

In January of 2007 I started my own credit card processing company with 3 business partners. We are still running that operation today, which is what I do on a daily basis as my full time career.

How did I end up online? As you may or may not know, running a business means spending a lot of money. While our company is doing well, any and all profits being made are going back into the company to continue to grow it. While great for the company, not so great for Oliver's personal finances!

I began searching for ways to earn extra money online. I started as many do, I joined PTC (Paid to Click) and PTR (Paid to Read Email) programs. While I did get payouts from these sites, I realized that I was spending way too much time for the amount I was getting paid. I might as well have gotten a part time job instead of doing those. Then I moved on to GPT (Get Paid To) sites. From there I moved to Incentive/Freebie Sites (the basis of programs like Project Payday). While I made money there, I was sick and tired of always having to complete trial offers to make any money. On top of that, I'd have to continue to get referrals if I wanted to continue making money and never have a true leveraging of my money or what most know as residual income.

Then in Dec. I stumbled upon the FOCS (Free Online Cash System) program. I attended a call and have not looked back since. It has provided me an opportunity to work hard and simply follow step by step instructions to be successful online. It has everything that I had hoped for in an online program. But the success is not only limited to myself, I have been able to help my teammates achieve success as well. Being able to show success to others is important to me as it flows with my very nature of wanting to give to others as best that I can. I have found a way to show people how to access free money and then leverage that cash into more and more cash as time goes on. If you've been burned out, your patience has been tested, you've lost money with other opportunities, I can appreciate that as I've been through some of it myself. I will personally take you by the hand and show you success as long as you are willing to put in the time and the effort. I don't ask for much, just an hour of your day each day.

I live my life based on this: "Your sole mission in life, regardless of industry, occupation or craft, is to be a man or woman who makes a difference - in yourself, your family, friends, and community. When you die, it will be the lasting legacy that you leave this earth with."

So everyone, that is me:) What's your story? Tell people your story and you will find that whatever business you are a part of becomes that much easier!

No comments: